Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pageantry is my Sport!

Hi Everyone.
Pageants are such a controversial topic due to all the honey boo boo, toddlers and tiaras and how media has turned the meaning behind pageantry into this joke.

Pageantry for me is a sport. I get laughed at all the time when I say this, and here is a definition of a sport-
         An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others.

So let me break this down-the physical exertion doesn't have to be about running up and down a field or court. Training for pageants takes months of practice. Whether it consisting of training in a gym, practicing your walk etc. All of that takes some form of exertion and practice.
The competition- just because your not competing against a team of people you are competing against other girls that are going after the win. 

So to me- Pageantry is a sport. 

I will continue this post with a series about pageants. If you have any questions post them in the comments and I will try to answer every one in a future post!!!

Always
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment